Sunday, June 27, 2010

Outgoing President's Speech

Dear Friends,

We have come to an end of yet another Rotaract year and I am proud to announce that our club has successfully completed 5 years. Our club has come a very long way since then. We have not only increased in number but our projects have become bigger and better. We have not only increased in strength but at the very same time achieved our goals that we set forth during the beginning of my term.

As a President I have learnt a lot many things like leadership, responsibility etc But what I have more importantly learnt is giving each one an equal chance to come forward, take up projects and handle it thus bringing out the leader in each one. Now, I can proudly say that our club though may have one President but I see successful leaders in each and every member.

I am quite happy and content with all that we have achieved.

One of the things I wanted to establish was better relations among members and also increasing the number of projects. We have covered almost every Rotaract avenue. Be it the notebook project, joyfest, spellbee, talk on leadership and motivation by Rtn.Oza, establishing ties with clubs in Mumbai and Karnataka, blood donation camp, treasure hunt or the very recent trip to the zoo with orphans and painting a classroom for a school in katraj we have always completed our projects on time and with huge participation and enthusiasm. We are not only fellow rotaractors but before that we are first very close friends.

Along with our members a very big support has been given to us by our parent Rotary and especially by Rtn. Satish Kothari and our R.C.C Rtn.Kiran Vani.

When I joined this club I was very timid and shy especially afraid of public speaking. But shouldering the responsibility first as a secretary and then as the president has given me confidence to face the world and at the same time I have learnt to handle many tasks while tackling all different types of individuals. This is what Rotaract is all about, preparing young students to be future successful professionals.

After this incredibly memorable year I am more than happy to hand over this responsibility of the club to our incoming president Rtr. Ritika Athwani. I see her in a unique quality to bring people together and accomplish tasks which is very important as a president. I am sure she will take this club to greater heights. I wish her all the best.


Thank You!

1 comment:

Kirron-SunShine said...

Hello and warm wishes to your young and enthusiastic club and i appreciate the good work you guys doing.
I am Kirron Bhatti, have been working with kids individually by teaching them some mind relaxation techniques, as you know in this time there is so much pressure on kids minds. its like a computer hangup cos of too much pressure. i try to help them to refresh their minds so that they can live life and study relaxingly.
it would be a great pleasure for me if with ur help i could help more kids around.
my num is 9768877072
good wishes!!